Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspiration

I have finally bitten the bullet and entered the wonderful world of blogging.

The title is a combination of expressions from two current interests of mine: soccer and ballet.

In soccer, coaches and commentators will talk about a player "getting stuck in" or "not getting stuck in."  I haven't found a real good definition of what that means.  As best as I can explain it, getting stuck in means very physical play.  A hard tackle that makes a statement that you are going to make it difficult for the other team to play.

In ballet, I've learned that saying "merde" to a dancer is like an expression of good luck.  Along the lines of saying "break a leg" to an actor.  For that, I must thank Rebecca King of the Miami City Ballet.

I must also thank Rebecca for opening up the wonderful world of ballet to me and for actually inspiring me to start this blog.  Rebecca blogs at Tendus Under a Palm Tree.  


Rebecca also tweets at bexking.  I've never met her or seen her dance but she has been very giving of her time to answer my questions about ballet.

I currently take one ballet class with my sixteen year old niece.  It is a partnering class and the studio needs guys who are able to lift the girls.  It is hard work.  I have a new found appreciation for the amazing talents of the girls and of how difficult it is for the professional men and women to make it look effortless.

But more about that in the posts that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment