Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mirlitons 2010

My older niece also was the lead in Mirlitons this year.  She was kind of nervous about the public performance because she had been spending so much time rehearsing the Sugar Plum Fairy role that it had been a month since she practiced Mirliton.  The other four girls are from the pas de deux class.  Three of the four are the most regular participants.  When it comes to the lifts the smallest of the girls is my favorite because she is so light.  Lifting her is the only time I think I could have possibly had a future in ballet if I only were thirty years younger, and willing to work a hundred times harder.

I asked my nieces if they were getting a break from class given that they had just done six performances and the response was they got a break when they performed on Thursday and Friday instead of having class.  There is just an incredible amount of dedication on the part of these girls.

I am very proud of my nieces and all of the girls from the pas class.  I like to bring flowers for "my girls" for after the performances and they seem to appreciate that.  The smiles I receive are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment